– Before you go around choosing, you’ll be bombarded with ideas to use used boxes for packing. This isn’t a bad idea if you’re able to find the ones you need. It is in fact, pretty much a sustainable idea. But it is better to use used boxes for items that aren’t fragile as newer boxes are easier to seal and are sturdier. Despite the financial benefits of used boxes, they may not be worth the risk for packing delicate items.- Large items require large boxes and those that decently fit to capacity, so no spaces are left for the item to move around. If you’re packing sceneries, artwork, mirrors and wall paintings, you’ll need flat boxes with full overlap flaps used for providing extra stacking strength. These boxes are recommended for flat and narrow products. The dimensions for these corrugated boxes vary. These boxes can even come with extra padding in the corners to protect the corners of the frames from wear and tear.
– Heavy things also require boxes that fit all the way, so as not to leave much space unoccupied. Small boxes provide that feature as they are good at holding heavier items in place, as opposed, to letting them move around. Conversely, lightweight things can be placed in any box but if they’re still fragile, they’ll require extra attention and specific packaging boxes that are at least made to fit or offer extra padding. As additional protection tools, packing supplies such as bubble wrap and tissue wrap come in handy as well.
– Crockery and glassware are the most fragile items in your household. Their fragility determines the kind of boxes are needed to move them. Usually, plastic crockery isn’t that difficult to handle and they can be packed with just extra padding. But China sets or Corningware require precision. Check with your local liquor stores for liquor boxes. These boxes have dividers inside, which perfectly protect glassware. But always remember not to overstock them as that would make the surface lumpy and more exposed to damaging conditions. On the contrary, underfilling them will also make them vulnerable to collapse. Be sure to fill to capacity, so that you can benefit from the protective features of these boxes. Dish packs are custom made boxes for moving and they are available in many stores that deal with packing supplies.
– If you have a dry cleaned wardrobe or a selection of clothing you’d like to keep crease free you can opt for wardrobe boxes. This may sound too good to be true but fortunately, many retailers provide pre-prepared boxes that come equipped with bars and handles that allow you to just shift your hung wardrobe from one enclosed space to another. You can directly hang the clothing on to the bar with the hangers through the opening in the boxes.
– Photos and documents storage boxes have bi-folds that are designed to sustain the life of photos and documents. These boxes prevent the important documents from rotting and drying. Boxes for moving are most widely used for packing and storage because they are easy to use and are sold at affordable prices.
– Double wall corrugated boxes are your best option to use, as they are one of the strongest types of cardboard boxes used for the purposes of storage, packing and moving. Although it is advisable to use wrap and to fill any remaining gaps even with corrugated boxes, these boxes are sturdy enough to withstand vigorous wear and tear.
Once all your belongings are well packed, you can efficiently arrange them and load them into the moving truck. This will also help with the offloading process, as you can easily navigate the boxes to the rooms they belong in (provided that you have labelled them properly). Boxes are better at supporting the weight inside them while making sure the items remain in their positions. With a wider variety of moving boxes that cater to multiple or specific purposes to choose from, you can ease your mind and prepare for the other challenging tasks in your life.
There are major odds against having a safe move without using the proper moving equipment. Often, homeowners focus on saving on the expense of moving boxes and employ other methods to pack and move their belongings. This increases the risk of losing your items and also damaging them. In many cases, this technique backfires and ends up counteracting. By losing expensive items in the process of moving, you have to bear the expense of replacing them with new ones. With such a disorganized move, it also takes away your peace of mind. You remain stressed out throughout the process and cannot relax until its all over and done with.
Along with these basics, you should also keep in mind that permanent markers are important for labelling boxes, or you can just establish a colour code system by using different colours to identify the items in the boxes. By assigning a certain colourw to the boxes, you can effectively retain your privacy without having to tempt thieves into stealing.